Remove all the clutter to regulate the flow of positive energy. Try to keep the spaces open and house properly lit. Not even a single corner of the home should be left in the dark. Draw a silver swastika on the main door to keep the ills out of your homes. Stamp small footprints of Godess Laxmi from the entrance of the home to inside. Hanging of Torak containing leaves of Peepal, Kaner and Toran at the entrance helps in purifying the environment.
Most Important Considerations for Diwali:
- Fill a tray with water and aromatic Rose petals. This will make your room looks marvelous. Place it in the East/North.
- Symbols like Om, Swastik should be put always on the walls facing North/East.
- Make colorful Rangoli and lighten in the South-east direction of your house. It will look beautiful and let you prosper.
- Avoid gifting leather items as gift to your friends and relatives. They are made up of animal’s skin and hence considered inauspicious.
Cleaning and De-cluttering Your Home:
- Clean every nook and corner of your homes. It should be absolutely clutter-free. Make sure not to keep anything beneath the staircase specially brooms. The main entrance is most important. This is the place from where the wealth and prosperity enters. Keep this place spick and span, fragrant and as attractive as possible.
- Set the red footprints of Goodess Laxmi at the main entrance and at your pooja room.
- Hang Toran at the main entrance attracts blessings of Goddess and fill the home with prosperity.
Pooja Room is to be Set Correctly:
The N-E corner of your house is just the right place to set Pooja Ghar. It is advisable to avoid black color at the Pooja Sthal. Decorate it with yellow flowers and red, yellow decorative papers. Also, when you perform Laxmi puja, avoid wearing black color and wear bright colored clothes.
This Diwali you can consider buying MeruPrusth Shree Yantra. This will bring affluence to your homes.
Idols Should be Placed Right:
The North portion of your homes is associated with wealth. The ideal place to perform pooja should be North-East. The Lakshmi pooja should be conducted in that direction. Do not keep the two idols of the same God or Goddess at the same Pooja Site. Lord Ganesha should be placed on the left side of Lakshmi ji and Goddess Saraswati should be on the right side. Water of Kalash should be placed in the East or North of the Pooja room. You need to ensure that the idols of the god or goddess should not face each other and not to the doors of your pooja room.
Where to Place Valuables?
North is the direction of Kuber (God of Wealth). You should place Almirah and Locker in the North Direction. The idol or the image of Goddess Lakshmi should be kept inside the locker. This would increase wealth.
In short, this Diwali bring prosperity, good health and wealth to your homes by following certain Vastu tips. Start with cleaning every nook and corner of your homes and de-clutter it. Place the earthen lamps on the two corners of all the entry points of the rooms and do not let any corner remain in the dark.