“Have vastu shanti worship to eliminate effects of vastu defects.”
The meaning of Vastu is co-existence God and humans at the same place. Vastu shastra is the science developed by ancient Hindu monks during the time of Veda. Vastu shastra basically deals with architecture and designs of temples and homes and any construction. The aim of vastu shastra is to derive benefits from the five basic elements that have made this universe. According to Hindu philosophy and belief this universe is made up of five elements – sky, earth, water, fire, and wind. It is believed from ancient time that if a construction is done according to the principles of vastu a house will get optimum benefits of these five natural elements and that will result in well being of the household and people who will be living there. Proper vastu arrangement will ensure prosperity, good health, peace of mind and bring wealth to the family. Vastu shanti worship is part of the vastu shastra principals and it is performed for so many reasons.
Vastu Shanti Worship is a religious ritual that is performed according to vastu shastra. This ritual is performed to worship god of directions and five basic elements that we have already mentioned. Primarily, vastu worship is done to eliminate any defects in vastu or “Vastu Dosha” as it is said in Sanskrit. Of course there are other reasons as well, let us find out when we should perform a vastu shanti worship to offer our prayers to the lord of directions according to vastu shastra.
- When someone buys a land or plot that is against the vastu parameters.
- If someone buys a home that has vastu errors and it is not possible to rebuild that portion, the ritual is performed to eliminate the effect of those errors on the household.
- When there were some errors in the vastu for interiors and that has been rectified, the ritual is performed to eliminate the negative effect that it already created.
- When we buy a new house, renovate the house or rebuild some portion.
- When someone is staying at a house for more than five years at a stretch.
- When we come back from a foreign trip.
So it is quite evident that vastu shanti worship is performed to eliminate the effects of the vastu defects and to get blessings of the god of direction. It is also believed that this pooja is good for any new beginning as that will create a positive vibe within the place.