Vastu for kitchen has been an important area of study since centuries. Hindus believe that a kitchen designed according to Vastu Shastra attracts health and happiness for the inmates, helping them live an abundant life. In this section we discuss the ground rules laid down by the system for kitchens.
The ideal direction for a kitchen is the Southeastern corner of a house. The second best choice is the Northwest of a house.
Best Directions For Kitchen Accessories According To Vastu
|Entry door||North, East, or West||The kitchen door must not be in any of the corners.|
|Gas Cylinder||Southeast||Empty cylinders should be kept in the southwestern direction|
|Cooking Gas||Southeast Corner||
|Refrigerator||Southeast, South, North or West||
|Equipments (e.g.Heaters, Conventional ovens, Microwaves, ovens)||Southeast or South||Equipments must never be kept in the northeast portion|
|Storing Racks||Western or Southern wall||Commodities such as, grain, pulses, and spices, must be stored in the west or south.|
|Sink||North-East corner||The water source such as, water filter or pitcher, should be kept in the northeast.|
|Windows and Exhaust fan||East direction||The bigger windows should always be constructed in the eastern direction, while smaller ones must be towards south.|
|Clocks||South or Southwest Wall||-|
Flooring For The Kitchen
- Ceramic tiles
Color Scheme According To Vastu For Kitchen
The color of the walls should be-
Avoid using the color black in your kitchen.
- The kitchen must never be below or above a bathroom/toilet.
- The toilet and kitchen must never share a common wall. Both the defects can have adverse effect on the resident’s health.
- Kitchen must never face the main entrance of the house.
- The kitchen must never be located in the North or North East as this can badly affect a person’s career.
- As per vastu for kitchen, mid-north, northeast, mid-west, mid-south, southwest, and the center of a house should never be used for constructing a kitchen.
- The Pooja room or temple must never be above the stove or kitchen sink as it brings bad luck.
- Stove in the kitchen must not be visible from outside.
- Vastu For House
- House Structure As Per Vastu
- Windows and Doors
- Vastu Tips For Children Room
- Colour Tips As Per Vastu
- Vastu Tips For Your Bathroom
- Vastu Tips For Your Garden
- Vastu And Your Pooja Room
- Over Head Tank
- Vastu Tips For Your Bedroom
- Vastu And Your Dining Room
- Vastu Tips For Drawing Room
- Your Garage And Vastu
- Vastu Tips For Guest Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Kitchen
- Vastu And Your Locker Room
- Vastu And Septic Tank
- Direction Of Staircase AS Per Vastu
- Vastu And Children Study Room
- Evaluate The Vastu Of Your House
- Evaluate Your Plot