Vastu for Staircase
Most houses consist of multiple floors and require structures to bridge the vertical distance between them. Normally, the medium used are stairways available in plethora of shapes (such as round, straight, etc) and materials (concrete, wooden, etc).However, before choosing any character, size or direction you should make sure the blue print of your stairway confirms with vastu for staircase.
A staircase must always be built in the western or southern part of the house. Make sure it’s not constructed in the northeast corner, as that could lead to financial losses for the owner. In fact, staircase in any corner except west or south brings losses.
Tips According To Vastu For Staircase
- An external staircase can be built in the southeast direction facing east, southwest direction facing west, northwest direction facing north, and southwest direction facing south.
- Always begin your stairs from north to south or east to west. A turn can also be taken to other sides, in case there is a lack of space.
- Stairs must always have an odd number and the number must never end with a zero.
- The vertical set of stairs should also have an odd number and when divided by three their remnant must be two.
- Never make circular staircases as they have the ability to cause bad health. Also, a staircase encircling the building can lead to severe calamites.
- The room which has a staircase in the southwest corner of a basement is not auspicious. As per vastu, people living in a room such as this experience high blood pressure, undiagnosed diseases, anemia and the like.
- Construct doors at the end and beginning of each staircase. Also, it’s important to make sure the stairs don’t touch the northern or eastern walls.
- Try constructing staircases in such a way that stairs are not openly visible to the visitors. Directly visible stairs are thought to be inauspicious.
- Broken stairs must be repaired instantly, as they may lead to tensions and accidents.
- Rooms such as bathroom, kitchen, or pooja room should never be built under a staircase. This area can only be used for creating a storage room.
- If a linear staircase is constructed, it must begin from north to south or east to west (inside or outside the house). Later, it can take any direction.
Colors According To Vastu For Staircase
Staircases must always be painted in light colors and shades such as red and black should be avoided completely.